Intro to Reconciliation
Earlier this week I posted my list of “must-reads” for reconcilers. I’ve so enjoyed seeing your recommendations on twitter, Facebook and the comment section here. I’d like to keep the conversation going!
Here are the books I’m having my students read this year in my Introduction to Reconciliation class at SPU. Along with a few other texts and articles, the students have to choose one of these books for a special project. Tell me what you think! What should I add for next time?
- The Lemon Tree: An Arab, a Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East by Sandy Tolan
- Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Picking Cotton by Ronald Cotton, Jennifer Thompson-Cannino & Erin Torneo
- Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas Kristoff & Sheryl WuDun
- Friendship at the Margins by Christopher L Heurtz & Christine Pohl
- Love Is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation with the Gay Community by Andrew Marin